Friday, March 11, 2011

I HATE YOU, MY BEST FRIEND

When I first saw her at the MBA classes, I can say that I didn’t like her at all. She wasn’t my type. Neither was she pretty nor sexy enough. Moreover she was rude and stubborn and had much attitude as if she was Kareena Kapoor.
I don’t know how and why we became friends. With so many beautiful girls around I was sure I wasn’t going to hit on her, maybe that was one reason. Though she too was a hardcore Punjabi like me, she looked more like a Bengali girl with her big beautiful eyes and her hair, well, you can’t make out much of a girl’s hair these days because after undergoing rebonding, all look the same.
We were good friends. We sat together, gave presentations together, made projects together, had lunch together. She did 99% of my work. The rest 1% was to write my name over them which I did myself. She was my backup plan after every failed attempt to date the girl I was after. She was a great company not only to movies but even to pubs as she drank as much as I did. She was my passport to all the discs which had couple entry. With time we became the best of friends. Even I did a lot for her, like writing my name on the projects that she made, dropping her home when it was late or letting her lie to our sardar classmate, who was madly after her, that I was her boyfriend. He was mad anyways.
Things changed drastically when, after almost a year, the girl that I was after finally gave in to my advances. She hit the jackpot by saying a ‘yes’ to the best-looking guy of our batch, me. I no more had failed dates or free time to hang out with my best friend. A girlfriend normally brings such changes in life. I myself preferred being with my girlfriend as she offered luxuries and pleasures that a friend can’t.
When I finally got quality time with my best friend, it was at a mutual friend’s birthday party. Obviously, my girlfriend wasn’t there. Even though we were hanging out after a long time, it took us no time to be our usual crazy selves. We had awesome fun. The party went wild because of the alcohol overdose. We were sleeping over at our friend’s place when her hug enchanted me out of my dreams. There was another couple on the bed, half naked and half over each other.
It was that moment, I don’t know which one of us lost it first but we kissed. In no time we moved from the bed to the floor and from the floor to the next bedroom. The first time is always special, that was what it was for her. When I woke up next morning, she was already gone. It took me time to come out of the shock. The night’s pleasure had turned into morning’s guilt.
I wanted to talk to her but didn’t know what to say. Say sorry? Or I love you? But I actually don’t or maybe forget it, happens, move on? Or tell her how much fun it was? Shit!!! That sucks...!!! Such emotions were erupting in my head. It was then, when I wrote this message “Sorry, I didn’t use protection. Don’t forget to take the pill”. If there was an award for the ultimate looser message after doing a girl, then this would have won it, hands down.
She stopped talking to me. I wanted to talk but didn’t know what to say or how to start a conversation especially when my girlfriend was around. My name was omitted from all the presentations and projects that she made. We no more sat together. I wanted to be with her but not at the cost of leaving my angel. Do I love her? I asked myself. The actual question was which one do I love more? Boys never have answers to such questions so we take the easier route. We believe that we love the girl who looks better, it works that way. It was obviously not my best friend.
She started hanging out with the sardar classmate. Every dog has its day, I learned. This was irritating me rather than making me feel guilty. It was at our placement’s written test when my patience ran out. She was sitting ahead of me slogging answers, while I didn’t knew much courtesy a hot girlfriend. I asked but she didn’t help. Even after what all had happened between us, I still believed us to be friends. It is such times which turn foes into friends but she didn’t think so. It didn’t go down too well with me. I lashed out at her, asking if whatever happened that night was solely my fault. I forgot the ten people around us. She slapped me and left. I wanted to strangle her by the neck but controlled my anger.
She wasted no time in telling my girlfriend about that night. I tried to convince my girlfriend that I was too drunk and thought it was her but she wasn’t dumb enough to believe that. She broke up. I returned my best friend’s favour by telling the same to her Sardar. He said he was fine with it as they weren’t together that time. See, I knew he was mad.
They continue to be together and I continue to be alone. Just because of a night’s pleasure, just because someone drank herself to insanity, I lost my happiness. Why do girls drink more than they can handle in the first place? Whatever her thinking was, I am the one who suffered and yes, I hate her. I hate you my best friend...!!!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys you can post your comments here...!!!

auggie said...

u knw have seen ppl write a lot about many things but then not many people blog about everyday stuff which u write aboout.it sort of feels that one can relate to it!

Wanna congratulate u again on the great work.u have a regular follower of the blog now :)

Unknown said...

auggie dude...thanx alot man...u r such a great motivation...i rly need this kinda support to do better...i wont disappoint you:-)

Anonymous said...

acc to me the girl was dumb.... if she couldnot handle then y she went into all that... if u do something then be bold enough to face it.. thats wat i feel... :)
good work saurav.. add one more fan to ur list... :)

Anonymous said...

the above comment is from heena ;)

Jyotirmoy said...

good 1
but the last para was hillarious :P

Nikhil said...

The romantic thing happened one night and the break-up held on one day . Finally , I Love ur blog my friend ..

purva arora said...

lol

purva arora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.