Thursday, November 10, 2011

Love Happens, so does a Breakup - A review by Augustine Chatterjee


Well I m here to write a review about this book written by my good friend Saurav Vaish. For starters I’ll tell you what works for this book. Its typically one of those books which any young person can certainly relate to. It’s got romance, it’s got laughter and even a bit of action and yet somehow most of the dialogues you come across are those which you realize you actually speak in everyday life. This book shall surely take you away from your everyday boring nine to five life and help you forget your tensions for a while. Unlike most romantic stories of today’s contemporary make believe frustrated world, this book does not have a sad or a happy ending. Rather sports an ending which would make you think and in particular make you wonder what the author was trying to convey by his words. I absolutely love such endings where the audience or readers can interpret certain mysteries in their own way.

This book also takes the everyday love story of a rather poetic boy and a charming girl and turns it into one of those sagas where at some point of life you awe at how filmy their lives are and at times you start wishing that you were actually a part of the story to make things right. Way the similes and metaphors have been used seriously make you smile and also the fact that the author has used a backdrop of a very regular student life makes it extremely interesting and realistic. The author does not waste time in focusing on rather non essential details (Please hear me makers of Ra one) and manages to make sure that out of every situation he conveys the best and the tragic but both in the most wonderful way possible. You don’t generally relate to all the characters in books but then as this book transcends the journey of a student through the hardships of life into a new beginning you realize how passionately every word has been penned down (or typed). He even justifies how he could manage to save money for beer parties making you feel more like it’s a friend sitting and narrating his story instead of it being a book. Its crisp, it’s coordinated and at no point does the book lose its way. It kept me clinched throughout the 4 hours which I read it in. So to sum up it’s a must read for anyone who has ever been in love. Or people like me who have never been in love but don’t get any female attention so have to resort to books as their only means of romance. Interesting, amazing and very realistic is what I call it as. Inspiring maybe even for some... I M happy this book was printed and I m sure that the author shall do a great job in his career as an author.

PS-Any hot chicks who liked my writing skills are free to contact me. Coz in my life love happens but never does a break up :P

Cheers saurav.Keep it up.Respect /m\

22 comments:

sachin pandey said...

dude just read ur book its awsome ,hats off to u

anupriya said...

well....really dunno frm whr to start wid it...u hv penned it so well dat even d persn havin heart of stone wud hv cried...u no doubt hv sufferd alot...bt thru dis book u hv inspired many teenagers n youngsters to move on n nt juz stick to d past...u cud b d role model for dose who r bein betrayed or ditched...
i personally hv learnt alot frm dis buk..i luckily gt to read dis...basically em fond of readin n ws juz searchin fr anothr novel to go thru..bt aftr readin dis..it has made clear dat dese r nt just buks...dese r d feelings...dat sm1 is portrayin deir lyf in frnt of us..it needs courage n strength to dis...u owe a grand salute man....i juz loved ur book...
hope u stay happy ever after...godbless u always...
n keep smiling..:))

Unknown said...

Thanx alot sachin:)

Unknown said...

Thank u anupriya.. dis is the best comment any1 has ever gave me.. thank u.. u made my effort worthwhile..!!

niharika said...

hi author,
well u surely dont know me, but for an intro i wud just say m a delhitie and an 11th grader.... first of all, congrats on writing such a book. it really touched my heart. my sister gave the book to me for reading it, and i never read love-stories coz mostly the stories are vei much predictable and aftr reading them i felt rather stupid but your book was a bit different. It had that charm that could make a stubborn girl lyk me to keep reading it!!! It was an awesome work by you! indeed commendable... but to be a bit critical, dere were some places where it felt that it could have beed better!!
I loved the ending! it was special(needless to say)!!

Unknown said...

hey..i am an amitian as well & was just browsing in the bookstore.i was curious to read your book as i like reading & writing novels :-)
its a book that struck a chord with my life as well.so many incidents were similar...you really would go ahead!!! wish you luck....i hope you will keep on writing & bring out another novel.i am dying to read your next novel.

Anand said...

hey read your book..its really awesome...
just one question is this your true story??
and
seriously waiting for your new book "break up happens so does love again..."
best of luck...

Unknown said...

@niharika - Thank you sooo much.. d ending is personally my favorite too and i agree that it could have been better.. i will surely make it up in my next :)

Unknown said...

@soumib - thanx alot man.. m glad too know dat u too are an amitian n dat u liked it soo much.. i will definitely write another.. thnx god bless :)

Unknown said...

thnx alot anand.. i'll keep dis post updated for the next..!!

Anonymous said...

hey we want 2 knw mre about priya is she with dat bloody fucker or did she got kickd out?
Plz write anthr buk m w8n fr it..

SouthWest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SouthWest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nairita said...

Dear Mr.Vaish...
I hated love story or anything of the kind where there is love or romance is present.. Coming across your book was a complete "just like that" thing. But reading the back cover of the book to get a synopsis i was shocked to find out that it is very similar to my own life. And while flipping through the pages i was even shocked to find out how wonderfully it narrates my story. Its so similar,even the incidents that happened more or less matches as well as the time.Its so so fantastically penned down so beautifully craved out all the emotions. I dont really cry so much nowadys. But reading the book i jsut coudnot help my emotions to flow.I so so love this book. Rather its the only love story book i loved so far. U r an awesome writer Mr.Vaish. And yes u were right...there are still many people who understands the sweetness and the innocence of love. God bless!! Please publish another book asap .. me looking forward to it! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother now i am reading this book it's true story,because i have missed something as my past

Unknown said...

hey...i hv read ur book...its really awesome....i personally liked it very much....n best of luck for ur next book

Anonymous said...

vwey well said

subham roy and deepak kumar said...

dud i just read your book.it is awesome.i have understood 1 think after reading the book that don't fall in love someone turely....................

Unknown said...

Thanku all for ur wonderful comments.. its your support that keeps me motivated to write more :)

Naveen kumar said...

Saurav I never ever read novel..... yesterday I found your book lying in a drawer of my friend who left room 2 years ago.....my phone battery was down and switch off....due u bro....I read it whole in 2 go.....235 pages ..awesome book.....I smiled and relate it with my life......mine was 6.5 year broke up.....I am happy now

Unknown said...

Hii

Unknown said...

I want to talk to u. can we?